Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Daikon Noodle Spring Rolls


In order to make vegetable noodles, like daikon or zucchini noodles, you will probably need another gadget.

It's a Joyce Chen Spiralizer. I can't believe I forgot to mention it, because I use the thing weekly. It turns root vegetables into spaghetti like noodles - it's awesome. A great way to eat more vegetables.


So, Daikon noodle spring rolls!

I got the idea for using Daikon to make noodles from a recipe at GoneRaw.com. Someone mentioned making them and adding Umeboshi plums - which sounded heavenly to me. I don't have any Umeboshi plums available, but I do have Ume Plum Vinegar. So, I decided to put the Daikon noodles in spring roll wrappers, with Ume Plum vinegar , cilantro, and fresh Mung bean sprouts.

1 comment:

  1. Daikon radish: $5
    Cilantro: $1
    Mung beans: at about 1.79 / lb using probably 1/2 lb.
    Spring roll wrappers: $3

    This one does require the Ume plum vinegar which is an added cost. but if you either already have it as part of your pantry or use shoyu/ some other sauce instead, this meal comes out right around $12.

    ReplyDelete