Thursday, March 4, 2010

Winter time is coming to an end!

in winter, I spend a lot of time working on healthy cooked, warm recipes for the winter nights. My goal is always to keep a meal under twelve dollars, and usually I succeed in that unless I am splurging on fancy ingredients on purpose.
Most of my winter recipes include homemade vegetable soups, bean and vegetable burritos, dahl, vege-burgers and vege-meatloafs, grains such as quinoa or kamut, and steamed vegetables, or seitan dishes that emulate my old favorite chicken dishes such as seitan piccata.
But soon, it will be warm enough to get the dehydrator going again and preparing the fresh foods I love most! I've been enjoying frozen raspberries, fresh apples, grapes, and a wonderful salad mix during the day getting ready for warm weather foods.
I got a new blender a couple months ago and am planning on getting a superior dehydrator in a couple weeks, so i can go to town on Matthew Kenney's cookbook, "entertaining in the raw". I plan to have several all-raw dinner parties at the house this spring and fall using this cookbook as a springboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment